Passion fruit is a unique fruit that is sweet but tangy, giving the desserts you add them to a distinctive flavor. These passion fruit tartlets feature a cream made from silken tofu and a gluten-free base made from oats, almonds, coconut, and agave! Lighten up your desserts with these gorgeous tartlets. They are super easy and super delicious!
Passion Fruit Cream Tartlets [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Tartlet Shells:
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave/maple syrup
For the Filling:
- 1/2 block of silken tofu, drained
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 3 passion fruits
To Make the Shells:
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- Combine all the tart crust ingredients in a bowl and stir until it comes together. It will be crumbly and a little sticky.
- Press about a 1/4 cup of the crust into five or six tartlet shells. Spread evenly and ensure that the crust is firmly pressed to the tin.
- Place in the oven for 14-16 minutes or until it has lightly browned.
- Set aside on a wire rack and cool down until they are cool enough to remove from their tins.
To Make the Filling:
- Place all the ingredients other than the passion fruit into a blender and blend until smooth. Add a little more non-dairy milk if it is too thick.
- Spoon the mixture into the cooled tart shells.
- Cut open each passion fruit and scoop it out onto each tart, swirling the passion fruit over the cream.
- Transfer to the fridge and let cool for at least 30 minutes.