Pancit, the Filipino word for "noodles," is a stir-fry dish that can be made with any type of noodle. In this vegan Pancit recipe, rice noodles are stir-fried with vegetables and tofu. As they cook, they're seasoned with tamari, fresh ginger, and vegetable broth. It’s so fragrant and flavorful––you will be amazed. Vegan Pancit is a simple dish that makes a great weeknight dinner!
Pancit: Filipino One-Pan Noodles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Pancit: Filipino One-Pan Noodles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 15-ounce block extra-firm tofu, drained, cut into 1-inch pieces, and pressed with paper towel to remove all moisture
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 3-4 cups chopped green cabbage
- 2 cups baby broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sea salt
How to Prepare Pancit: Filipino One-Pan Noodles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Place the rice noodles in a large bowl, cover with warm water, and let sit. When the noodles are soft, after about 20 minutes, drain and set noodles aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and sauté until browned, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the tofu from the wok and reduce heat to medium.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of sesame oil to the wok. Sauté the onion and garlic for two minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add the carrots, cabbage, and broccoli. Stir-fry until tender-crisp, about five minutes.
- Add the tamari, ginger, vegetable bouillon cube, vegetable broth, and sea salt. Stir until the bouillon cube is dissolved. Add the cooked tofu, rice noodles and stir to combine. Remove from heat and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Calories: 102 | Carbs: 14 g | Fat: 3 g | Protein: 6 g | Sodium: 489 g | Sugar: 4 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.