Baked pancakes are the definition of breakfast made easy! If your mornings are pretty hectic, or you like to get as much sleep as possible, these vegan pancake muffins are perfect for you! They are quick to make and can be baked the night before so you can just grab and go in the morning. Such a delicious no-fuss breakfast that can be baked ahead – perfect for meal prep! Vegan pancake muffins are simply pancake batter baked in a muffin pan. No standing over a hot pan flipping pancakes all morning (hello life hack!). Simply fill the muffin pan with the batter and pop it in the oven. It can’t get any more simple! Instead of chocolate, you can add berries, bananas, coconut flakes, nuts, and cinnamon! The options are endless with these vegan pancake muffins!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 flax egg
- 1 1/4 cup lite coconut milk (from the can)
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- any toppings you like!
- Line a muffin pan with 9 liners and set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, and salt. Add coconut oil, flax egg, and coconut milk. Whisk until smooth. Mix in chopped chocolate.
- Fill prepared muffin cups with batter, about 3/4 of the way to the top. Bake 18-22 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan. Enjoy immediately with maple syrup and toppings of choice or cool completely and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Almond Flour