Protein is so important especially in the morning for energy and even more so after a workout for recovery! You must know by now that overnight breakfasts are the JAM - I am on a roll with the overnight bowls and decided to throw a scoop of my FAVORITE protein powder, which happens to be vanilla, to have the best of both worlds. Plus, since this is a quinoa bowl... quinoa already has protein. Double the fun :)
Overnight Blueberry Quinoa Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk (almond, coconut, hemp)
- 1 scoop protein powder (vanilla adds great flavor)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp coconut nectar (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Toppings: more blueberries, slivered almonds or granola, etc.
- In a blender or manually, quickly mash the blueberries so the juices start flowing! Put them in your bowl or mason jar(s).
- Add cooked quinoa, milk, protein powder, chia seeds, coconut nectar (or honey, syrup), and cinnamon to the bowl with blueberries and mix well. A whisk or fork should do the trick.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and pop it in the fridge and let sit overnight. The next morning, add your toppings and serve!