Protein is so important especially in the morning for energy and even more so after a workout for recovery! You must know by now that overnight breakfasts are the JAM - I am on a roll with the overnight bowls and decided to throw a scoop of my FAVORITE protein powder, which happens to be vanilla, to have the best of both worlds. Plus, since this is a quinoa bowl... quinoa already has protein. Double the fun :)
Overnight Blueberry Quinoa Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Overnight Blueberry Quinoa Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk (almond, coconut, hemp)
- 1 scoop protein powder (vanilla adds great flavor)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp coconut nectar (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Toppings: more blueberries, slivered almonds or granola, etc.
How to Prepare Overnight Blueberry Quinoa Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a blender or manually, quickly mash the blueberries so the juices start flowing! Put them in your bowl or mason jar(s).
- Add cooked quinoa, milk, protein powder, chia seeds, coconut nectar (or honey, syrup), and cinnamon to the bowl with blueberries and mix well. A whisk or fork should do the trick.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and pop it in the fridge and let sit overnight. The next morning, add your toppings and serve!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.