Don't be intimidated by the impressive appearance of this cheesecake, it's incredibly simple to make. The recipe uses a cashew and Grand Marnier cream for its base which so delightful. The cake rests upon a crunchy cookie crust and is finished with fresh oranges.
Orange Oreo Cheesecake [Vegan]
- Place the cashews in a bowl, cover them with water and leave to soak to overnight.
- When you are ready to make the cake, line the base of an 8-inch springform tin with parchment paper.
- Blend Oreos in a food processor until you have thin crumbs.
- Add the butter and mix it so the biscuit mixture holds together.
- Press the oreo paste at the bottom of the springform tin.
- Drain the cashews and place them in a food processor with the Grand Marnier, agave, and juice of 4 oranges. Blend them together until the mixture is smooth.
- Blend 1 orange's worth of zest into the cashew cream.
- Pour the mixture into the springform tin.
- Place cheesecake in the freezer overnight.
- Before serving, leave it at room temperature for 30 minutes and decorate it with fresh orange slices on top.