Super simple brussel sprout side dish with all of the seasonal winter flavors! These flavorful and sweet sprouts are beautifully paired with coconut and walnuts.
Orange Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts [Vegan, Grain-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Orange Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1-pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice from navel orange
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 2-3 tablespoons pomegranate arils
How to Prepare Orange Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts by cutting off the white part. Save any of the outer leaves to toss in the skillet. Cut the Brussels sprouts in half.
- In a large skillet, heat cooking oil over medium heat. Toss in the Brussels sprouts so cut side is face down. Cover and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the orange juice, maple syrup, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and chili flakes (if using) in a small bowl.
- Pour the glaze into the skillet and stir the brussels around in the glaze.
- Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, when the glaze starts to thicken. Toss in the chopped hazelnuts, coconut chips, and pomegranate and remove from heat.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 243 | Carbs: 18 g | Fat: 9 g | Protein: 4 g | Sodium: 33 mg | Sugar: 9 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.