Slice into this heavenly orange chocolate cheesecake for a whirlwind of interesting flavors. The hint of orange among the chocolate adds a unique touch to this delicious cheesecake.
Orange Chocolate Cheesecake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Orange Chocolate Cheesecake [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- (use double boiler method to keep it raw)
For the Cheesecake:
- 3 cups soaked cashews
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup agave
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup grated dark chocolate as garnish, optional
How to Prepare Orange Chocolate Cheesecake [Vegan]
To Make the Crust:
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor or strong blender. I use my Vitamix and it works like a charm every time. You want the nuts and dates to the consistency of a sort of chunky, less malleable cookie dough.
- Scoop mixture into a 9" springform pan (the easiest way) or line a cake or pie tin with waxed paper (less easy) and scoop it into that.
- Press the mixture into the sides and bottom of pan.
- Freeze to set, at least one hour or more.
To Make the Cheesecake:
- After your cashews have soaked for at least an hour, throw them in your blender or food processor. Add the freshly squeezed orange juice, agave, cocoa powder, salt, orange extract, and coconut oil. Blend on high for about a minute, more if your machine needs it. The consistency will be that of a thick pudding, whipped and mostly pourable.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and pour cheesecake filling on top, tapping the pan several times on the counter to level the filling completely flat.
- Place the assembled cheesecake back in the freezer or in the refrigerator, at least 3 hours to set completely. Placing it in the freezer will result in a firmer, more ice cream-like texture. Placing it in the fridge will leave it much softer and more like a custard.
- Once the cheesecake has set, remove it from the fridge/freezer and top around outer edge (or anywhere you like really) with grated chocolate.
- Slice, serve & enjoy.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 5846 | Total Carbs: 403 g | Total Fat: 445 g | Total Protein: 114 g | Total Sodium: 2169 g | Total Sugar: 281 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.