This cake is moist, juicy and bursting with citrusy goodness and flavour. Use any local citrus that grows in your area or, use oranges Enjoy it with a hot cuppa or drizzle warm custard and serve as dessert.
Orange Cake [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup malta juice
- 1/3 cup oil (any vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Finely grated zest of one Malta
- Preheat oven to 360ºF. Grease one 8 inch round cake pan. Line the bottom.
- Whisk together first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix next four ingredients.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix till well combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in zest. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or till the top turns brown and shrinks from the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven after 10 minutes. Run a knife around and invert on a cooling rack. Slice next day.