This creamy and simple pasta recipe combines Southwestern flavors with ingredients like corn, black beans, tomato salsa, and bell peppers!
One-Pot Taco Pasta [Vegan]
For the Pasta:
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green chilis minced; omit for less heat
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning; see below for recipe
- 8 ounces dry pasta of choice
- 1 1/2 cups water/vegetable broth, plus more as needed
- 1 1/2 cups tomato/marinara sauce
- 2 cups cooked corn
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, or one 14-oz can
- 3 tablespoon tahini
- salt & pepper to taste
For the Taco seasoning (recipe from Allrecipes):
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a skillet, heat some oil/water and add the onion, garlic, and green chilis. Sauté for 5 minutes, then stir in the bell pepper + taco seasoning.
- Once fragrant, stir in pasta, water, and tomato sauce.
- Cover the skillet and simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Stir in corn and beans, then cover again for about 5 minutes, or until pasta is cooked through.
- Mix in the tahini, and season with salt + pepper to taste. Serve warm.