A creamy lemon tahini sauce with tons of fresh veggies make this light and flavorful pasta the perfect on-the-go meal!
One-Pot Lemon Tahini Pasta [Vegan]
- 2 cups uncooked pasta
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 1/4 cups cauliflower rice, completely drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 6 small bell peppers, diced
- 1/4 medium onion, diced
- 2 large stalks kale, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pasta water
- Add all sauce ingredients (all ingredients except pasta, pasta water, onion, bell pepper, and kale) to a blender and blend on high until completely smooth and set aside.
- In a large pot, cook your pasta according to the package. While pasta is cooking, prep veggies by dicing onion and bell peppers and slicing kale.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Add the blended sauce, veggies, and pasta water to the same pot along with the pasta and return to the stove.
- Cook over medium-low heat, covered, for 20 minutes until vegetables have softened. Remove from heat and enjoy either hot or cold.
If using gluten-free pasta, do not add pasta back to the stovetop when cooking the sauce and veggies. Store the sauce/veggies separate from the sauce to avoid the pasta getting mushy. If eating right away, add the pasta in a few minutes before the sauce and vegetables are cooked. Gluten-free pasta gets mushier when stored in a sauce, so it is best to store them separately.