These oil-free roasted carrot fries are out of this world! Carrots are usually juicy enough that you don’t need to put oil on them for the spices to stick to them, (if they are dry-they are old ha) so sprinkle the spices over the carrots and give them a toss using your hands just to make sure they are coated in the spices! And that’s it, you bake them, make the dip real quick and you have a healthy, easy, nourishing snack!
Oil-Free Roasted Carrot Fries [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Fries:
- Large carrots peeled and sliced into fry shapes
- Onion, garlic, chili powder and pepper to sprinkle on top
For the Dip:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons roasted red pepper hummus
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Simply take large carrots washed and skin peeled.
- Slice them length wise in half and then slice each piece lengthwise in half again forming long french fry shapes (you may want to cut them in half before slicing lengthwise if you have trouble slicing a piece that long). place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper over the top of them and use your hand to toss the fry’s around trying to get each piece coated.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until soft but still firm and not soggy.
- Make dip once fries are done and cooling.