These light and fluffy vegan oatmeal pancakes excel in simplicity as well as delightful taste. They are perfect blender pancakes for those lazy and mindful weekend/day mornings.
Oatmeal Pancakes [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Oatmeal Pancakes [Vegan]
- 7 ounces rolled oats
- 24 3/4 ounces filtered water
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husks
- 7 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
How to Prepare Oatmeal Pancakes [Vegan]
- Start by combining rolled oats and filtered water in a bigger clean bowl. Cover the bowl with clean kitchen towel or a lid and soak overnight or for 6-8 hours. You can leave the bowl onto kitchen counter.
- Next, add salt and cinnamon. Using immersion blender process until you’ve got a smooth batter. Now, throw in psyllium husks as well as coconut flour and blend again. Finally, stir in apple cider vinegar and let the pancake batter sit for at least 10 minutes. The longer it sits (even for a few hours in fridge), the thicker the batter – perfect for those chubby pancakes you see on the photos.
- For frying the pancakes, add a few drops of coconut oil or avocado oil onto a good quality non-stick pan and swipe it off with folded kitchen paper. Let all the oil absorb into the paper and use it to swipe the pan clean between pancakes. Heat the pan up over medium heat.
- Now, if you make small pancakes, add one heaped tablespoon of batter (as much as you can fit) into each cavity of your pancake pan. Should you make bigger pancakes, put 2 heaping tablespoons of batter onto pan and even it out with a spoon. The frying time greatly depends on your stove. It helps to flip it around when it is dry on top and also check the color of the bottom side. Cook the pancakes for about 6 minutes on one side and about 3 minutes on the other side. It’s important to have the heat at medium or even a bit lower as high heat would burn the pancakes before they can cook through. Let the pancakes cool a bit before eating.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.