The slight crunch from the brown sugar, the texture of the oats, and the tart from the cranberries, along with the decadence of the chocolate chips make this cookie very special indeed. If Santa’s looking for a change-up from his traditional chocolate chip cookies, or if you’re searching for a special treat to share with your loved ones, these holiday cookies are sure to touch that special place in your heart. Package them up with a pretty bow, made from any number of upcycled materials, and you’ll have a meaningful homemade gift anyone would love to receive.
Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed meal
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2/3 cup vegan butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 4 oz. (113g) package sweetened dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375◦F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat to prevent sticking, if desired.
- In a small bowl make a flaxseed egg by combining flaxseed meal and water, stir and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add dry ingredients: gluten-free oats, gluten-free flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk to sift and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add vegan butter substitute and brown sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Mix in flaxseed egg until combined.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients until combined.
- Stir in dried cranberries and non-dairy chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto cookie sheet.
- Bake approximately 10-12 minutes.