These are almost dangerously tasty. You've got a heavenly cookie base mainly made up of cashews and oats, creating a nest for fresher-than-fresh berry jam with chia seeds. That's it. Simple, right? Definitely. But simple doesn't mean boring. This recipe will blow your mind and your mouth will cry for more.
Oat and Cashew Thumbprint Cookies With Berry Chia Jam [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup oats (I used plain rolled oats, you can find raw oats if you like)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 dates, cut into small pieces
- Water, as needed (I used about 3 tablespoons)
- Process all the ingredients but the oats together in a food processor until they form a thick, chunky kind of cashew butter.
- Add the oats and pulse until it all starts sticking together.
- Form into thumbprint cookies and put in the fridge for a few hours so they can set.
- Put all the ingredients except the chia seeds in a food processor and process until it's as smooth as desired.
- Mix in the chia seeds with a spoon, then fill each thumbprint cookie with the jam. Yussss.