While these burgers are light and fluffy, they're substantial due to being made from nuts and seeds. Walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and others are combined to form these tasty burgers that can be baked or fried. They won't fall apart on you, either!
Nut and Seed Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 1/4 cups cooked lentils, excess water drained
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons raw almond butter
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste or barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon red chili flakes, depending on how much heat you like
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone liner.
- Place the almond flour, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until you have a course mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until combined but not mushy. You still want some texture in there. Scrape down the sides if needed to keep things moving and avoid a mushy bit in the bottom.
- Form into 6 patties.
- Bake for 10 minutes on each side.
- You can also fry these in a small amount of oil if you prefer. It takes about 3-4 minutes on each side.