Coat it in chocolate and the kids are excited; serve it on a pop stick and it’s next-level excitement! These choco pops, with their toffeelicious-can’t-quite-stop-at-one flavour, will be a massive hit!
Nut and Date Lollipops [Vegan]
- 3/4 cups almonds
- 3/4 cups cashews
- 3/4 cup fresh dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 bar dark chocolate, melted
- Soak nuts in 2 cups of filtered water with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar for a minimum of two hours/up to six hours. Then rinse thoroughly with fresh water. This will increase the digestibility of the nuts and remove any moulds and mycotoxins.
- Preheat oven to 360ºF.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and roast nuts for 10 - 15 minutes until dry and crunchy. Remove and let cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed food processor until you have a fine crumbly dough.
- Roll one-tablespoon portions into balls and add your stick. Place in the fridge for a couple of hours until hardened.
- Melt chocolate and dip your pop stick until evenly covered. Place stick into a prepared box to allow the chocolate to harden before storing or serving.