Plain avocado toast is amazing, but every now and again, you need to spice things up a bit. Creamy avocado paired with savory scallions and umami-rich nori make this easy avocado toast so satisfying. Of course, you can also make it for a quick snack or easy lunch because anytime is a good time to have avocado toast.
Nori and Scallion Avocado Toast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 medium-sized avocado, pitted
- A pinch of garlic powder
- 1 small tomato, seeded and small diced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Salt, to taste
- 2 slices of whole grain or gluten-free toast
- 1/4 sheet nori, torn into bite-sized pieces
- Wasabi sesame seeds or regular sesame seeds
- Add the avocado flesh to a small mixing bowl, and mash it up with a fork.
- Add the garlic powder, 3/4 of the chopped tomatoes, and 3/4 of the sliced scallions (just eyeball it) to the avocado, and gently fold them to combine. Salt the mixture to taste.
- Top each slice of toast with half of the avocado mixture. Divide the remaining tomato, scallions, and nori among the slices of avocado toast.
- Sprinkle each toast with the wasabi sesame seeds, if using.
- Serve immediately.