This creative appetizer is absolutely delicious! The noodles create a super-crisp layer over molten-soft potatoes. If you are making these for a large party, wrap them up the night before and refrigerate them. Then, the next day, fry or bake them just in time, and you’ll have guests swooning over these …. And don’t forget, dip them generously in your favorite condiment and serve straight out of the oven!
Noodle Wrapped Potato Bundles [Vegan]
- 20 Baby potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1 cup flat noodles, cooked with salt, rinsed in cold water, and drained
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder or paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fried red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- Salt, to taste
- Vegetable oil, either to deep-fry or spray
- 20 toothpicks
To Make the Potatoes:
- Toss the cooked potatoes in the spices until well coated: red chili powder, turmeric, cumin powder, fried red chili flakes, cornflour, and salt. Wrap each seasoned potato with noodles, strand by strand, overlapping each strand until the potato is completely covered.
- Pin the last strand into the potato using a toothpick, then either bake or fry them according to the directions below.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and deep-fry the wrapped potatoes until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
- Line a small baking tray with foil. Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray/brush each potato bundle with oil and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then flip the potato bundles and continue baking for 10-15 more minutes until crisp and golden brown.
- Potato Recipes