A modern twist to the classic egg salad sandwich recipe! It's the perfect no-fuss high protein lunch, super inexpensive, and ultra kid-friendly. No-egg salad sandwiches are laughably easy, cheap, and protein-dense. This recipe yields a seriously large amount of food, Depending on what other ingredients you may be adding to the sandwich, You should be able to get at least 6 servings out of this bad boy!
No-Egg Salad Sandwich [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle juice/brine
- 1 tsp dijon or yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black salt (i.e., kala namak, this is optional but makes the salad taste egg-y)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mash chickpeas by hand or in a food processor. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and combine. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Add salad your favorite bread and enjoy!
* If you don't have dill pickle juice on hand, you can substitute with 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice and pint of dried dill. ** Yellow mustard is fine for this recipe. *** Black salt gives this dish an egg flavor. It is available at most Indian grocery stores or online.