Strawberry rhubarb is a magical summer combo! Why not try them in ice cream form? This no churn strawberry rhubarb ice cream has a deliciously rich and creamy consistency from soaked cashews and coconut milk. Stay away from light coconut milk and go for full-fat for best results. It’s also sweetened with dates, which is great for sweetening ice cream because it helps achieve a creamy texture when frozen. As a general rule, it’s best to avoid liquid sweeteners in ice cream since they tend to make your frozen treats icier rather than creamy. This no churn strawberry rhubarb is dairy-free, vegan, naturally gluten-free, and free from refined sugar. Don’t let summer go by without trying this delicious treat!
No Churn Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 2+ hours
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted
- 1 and 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rinse and drain the cashews and throw them in a blender along with the rest of ingredients. Blend until smooth
- Pour into a 5″x 7″ freezer-safe pan, cover, and freeze overnight until it’s fully frozen
- When ready to serve, let the ice cream thaw for about 20 minutes, top with more strawberries if desired, scoop into a bowl or waffle cone, and enjoy!
For ultimate creamy results or if serving right away, break the ice cream into chunks after taking it out of the freezer, throw into a high-power blender and blend to get a creamy mix.