No-Bake Samoa Cookies are soft, chewy and decadent when dipped and drizzled in amazing dark chocolate and centered with a "caramel" filling. It's everyone's favorite chocolate and coconut cookie revamped with more wholesome ingredients!
No-Bake Samoa Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates (soaked for 2-4 hours)
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice from one fresh lemon
- 6 ounces of preferred dark chocolate, melted to dip and drizzle
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the cookie place all ingredients in a food processor and run until crumbly and sticks together well.
- Roll out dough as best you can and use a 2 to 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter to make uniformed cookies. You can also take tablespoon size dough, roll into a ball and flatten a bit with the palm of your hand.
- Place on lined parchment paper baking sheet and place in the freezer while you melt chocolate and make your caramel filling.
- For the caramel filling (date paste), place all ingredients in a blender and run until smooth and hardly no pieces of dates are left. You may have some tiny pieces. If you need to add more water for a smoother consistency add it by the tablespoon so you don't end up adding too much.
- Remember to cut open dates and check the insides for bug eggs or mold. If you do not want to soak dates for 2-4 hours let them sit in boiling water for 15 minutes.
- You can use the double boiler method, the oven or your microwave to melt down dark chocolate.
- Remove cookies from freezer and fill each center with caramel filling. However much you like. It's ok to go overboard, it is your cookie after all.
- Once all cookies have caramel filling, dip each cookie in chocolate and place back on baking sheet.
- Take remaining melted chocolate and place into a small plastic baggy. Nip a small corner off.
- Drizzle each cookie as shown above.
- Place back in freezer and let set for 20 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!