Fruit and chocolate always seem to go wonderfully together. This no-bake raspberry chocolate cake is no exception. This silky cake is sweetened with dates, delightfully fruity, and melts in your mouth. What more could you want?
No-Bake Raspberry Chocolate Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats, soaked in filtered water for at least 6 hours and drained
- 1 cup dates, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder
For the Raspberry Filling:
- 2 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, soaked in filtered water for at least 4 hours, then drained
- 1 13-ounce can coconut cream
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2/3 cup dates, pitted
- 2 teaspoons fiber husk, ground
For the Chocolate Topping:
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cacao butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- For the crust, pulse the buckwheat until it is mainly mashed up. Transfer to a medium sized bowl. Pulse the dates to fine crumbles and add to bowl with the cocoa. Mix well. It should be moist enough to stick together in a big clump. Add a little bit of extra water if needed.
- Line the cake tin with some baking paper. Pour the mixture for the crust into the tin and spread it evenly with your clean hands. Place in freezer while preparing the filling.
- For the filling, blend all ingredients but the fiber husk to a fine cream. Add the fiber husk towards the end. This will help the mixture to bind. Take the cake tin out of the freezer and pour the filling into it, spreading it evenly. Place in the freezer until set, approximately 2-3 hours.
- For the chocolate topping, melt the cacao butter by putting it into a small bowl and placing the bowl in a hot water bath. Once the butter has melted, stir in the maple syrup and cocoa (or cacao). Make sure the chocolate is still of liquid consistency when you are ready to decorate the cake.
- Take the cake out of the freezer and out of the cake tin. Fill the chocolate into an icing bag or icing bottle and decorate the cake to your liking. It's best to cut and serve the cake while it is still semi-frozen.