A grab-and-go breakfast and snack is always a good recipe to have in your repertoire. Sometimes I’m rushing out the door with my coffee in hand and have to run back inside to grab one of these granola bars. As a new mom, I love having simple, healthy snacks like this on hand.
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup (97 g) raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/3 cup (48 g) raw, unsalted pecans
- 1 cup (260 g) creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (170 g) vegan honey
- 1 1/2 cups (120 g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (56 g) ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup (88 g) mini dairy-free chocolate chips
- Line an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper. Leave extra on the sides to use as handles for easily removing the bars from the pan when they’re done.
- Combine the cashews and pecans in a food processor and pulse a few times to crush the nuts.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave the peanut butter on high for 30 seconds. Add the vegan honey and mix together quickly, then add the crushed nuts, oats, flaxseed, and chocolate chips. Use a silicone spatula to mix everything together, making sure everything is fully coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and press down firmly with the spatula until the top is completely even. Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes, then cut into 16 squares.
Make a double batch of these and store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Peanut Butter