This No-Bake Chocolate Date Truffles recipe is for you if you love dates, haven’t had dates but are looking for a great recipe to try them in. They're great for eliminating or reducing your refined sugar intake, and a goo choice if you want a healthier dessert option for you and the family.
No-Bake Chocolate Date Truffles [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for No-Bake Chocolate Date Truffles [Vegan]
- 1 cup lightly packed pitted dates
- 6 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, (3 tablespoons for mixture, 1 tablespoon for topping)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons creamy nut butter
- 2 tablespoons millet
How to Prepare No-Bake Chocolate Date Truffles [Vegan]
- Place the pitted dates in a food processor and process until a ball forms.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan on medium-low heat. Once melted, add two tablespoons of millet. Continue to stir millet until toasted. About 4-5 minutes.
- Add the hemp hearts, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, remaining coconut oil (2 teaspoons), salt, and nut butter to the processor. Process until thoroughly combined and almost smooth. The dough should be sticky and form into a ball easily. Next, fold in the toasted millet until distribute evenly. The dough should be sticky and shouldn’t be crumbly when you form a ball.
- Line a tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Shape the dough into balls and place them on the tray.
- Roll each ball in the remaining cocoa powder until completely coated. You can top it with other ingredients if desired.
- Freeze the balls for 20 minutes until firm or simply enjoy right away! The balls will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for a week and in the freezer for 4 to 8 weeks.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.