This No-Bake Chocolate Date Truffles recipe is for you if you love dates, haven’t had dates but are looking for a great recipe to try them in. They're great for eliminating or reducing your refined sugar intake, and a goo choice if you want a healthier dessert option for you and the family.
No-Bake Chocolate Date Truffles [Vegan]
- 1 cup lightly packed pitted dates
- 6 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, (3 tablespoons for mixture, 1 tablespoon for topping)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons creamy nut butter
- 2 tablespoons millet
- Place the pitted dates in a food processor and process until a ball forms.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan on medium-low heat. Once melted, add two tablespoons of millet. Continue to stir millet until toasted. About 4-5 minutes.
- Add the hemp hearts, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, remaining coconut oil (2 teaspoons), salt, and nut butter to the processor. Process until thoroughly combined and almost smooth. The dough should be sticky and form into a ball easily. Next, fold in the toasted millet until distribute evenly. The dough should be sticky and shouldn’t be crumbly when you form a ball.
- Line a tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Shape the dough into balls and place them on the tray.
- Roll each ball in the remaining cocoa powder until completely coated. You can top it with other ingredients if desired.
- Freeze the balls for 20 minutes until firm or simply enjoy right away! The balls will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for a week and in the freezer for 4 to 8 weeks.