With only a handful of ingredients, these No Bake Choc Squares won’t break the bank, or take up much of your time creating them. With a base of nuts and dates, you really have the option of adding any other favorable ingredients you wish, making this recipe so versatile!
No Bake Choc Squares [Vegan]
- 1/2 Cup Raw Almonds (Soaked for at least 6 hours)
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Dates ( Preferably Medjool as they give the squares a chewy and caramel like texture, but regular dates will work just as well)
- 2 tablespoons Carob powder
- 1 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (Preferably Organic Cold-Pressed)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Himalayan Rock Salt
- Start by rinsing your almonds and placing them in your food processor. Give them a few high pulse blitz to break them down a bit. Then add the remaining nuts, oats, carob powder and salt. Blitz until all combined.
- Next you’ll want to add your coconut oil and your dates. If your using regular dates, then I’d suggest soaking them in hot water for a few minutes, just to help soften them up a bit. Medjool dates are already soft so they can go right in. Now your coconut oil is what’s going to help bind your ingredients, and help them to stay firm when refrigerated. If you find your mixture is too dry, try adding more coconut oil, teaspoon at a time. It really can go quite far.
- Once all your ingredients are in, pulse the food processor to combine everything, and blend until you’re happy with the texture. Some people prefer a smooth texture, and some a chunky one, it’s totally up to you.
- In a greased (with coconut oil) baking dish (or mold of your choice), place all ingredients and with the back of a tablespoon, start to level out the mixture and press firmly together, into all corners. Once pressed down, place in the fridge for about an hour to set, and that’s it! Done! How easy was that?