This incredibly easy and delicious vegan cherry cake recipe will become a summer staple!
No-Bake Cherry Cake [Vegan]
- Vegan Tea Biscuits
- Plant-based yogurt
- Cherries (fresh and pitted, or frozen, or any other berries you fancy!)
- Coconut shreds (optional)
- Arrange a layer of coconut shreds to cover the bottom of your dish (you can use any dish, cake pan or even Tupperware box you have). It shouldn't be too thick but you shouldn't be able to see the bottom. If you don't like coconut, you can always start with a layer of biscuits!
- Cover the coconut with an single, even layer of cherries, without overlapping them.
- Next, try to wedge some biscuits between the cherries and the sides of your dish. The goal is to try and have biscuits all over the outside of the cake if possible. If you can't get into certain corners, don't worry about it.
- Don't hesitate to break some into smaller bits to fill the gaps if necessary.
- Once you have an even layer of cherries and the biscuits secured along the side of the dish as best you could, cover the cherries with vegan yogurt using a spoon, making sure to get it into all the gaps. You'll want to still be able to see the outlines and color of the cherries through the yogurt, so they shouldn't be completely smothered!
- Add a layer of biscuits on top of that, pressing gently onto the yogurt-y cherries to prevent too many pockets from forming.
- Then another layer of cherries.
- Then another layer of yogurt.
- Then more biscuits.
- You can really go as far as you'd like or as your dish will allow. Just make sure to arrange the layers in the order described and to finish with a layer of biscuits. Also, don't forget to keep the sides of your dish lined with biscuits too!
- Once you are satisfied with the amount of layers you have, cover the top of your cake pan (a plate will do! or the lid from your Tupperware box!) and place in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, turn upside town on top of a serving plate, take the mold off and voilà!
- Decorate the top with whatever you like.