Chewy, soft, and deliciously sweet, these Gluten-Free and Vegan No-Bake Apricot Almond Granola Bars are a quick, easy, and satisfying snack or treat! You can even take them on the go for workouts or lunches. These granola bars are gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, clean-eating, and totally suitable for anytime of the day!
No-Bake Apricot Almond Granola Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup brown rice crisps cereal
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oat flour, packed
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ginger or cinnamon, preferably Ceylon cinnamon
For the Wet Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter, unsweetened and unsalted (can sub another nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1/2 cup smooth or crunchy almond butter, natural and unsalted (can sub another nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped organic, dried Turkish apricots (about 12-14 apricots)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- Line a 9x13 dish with parchment paper or foil and set aside.
- Thereafter, in a medium saucepan over low-medium heat, add the almond butter, sunflower seed butter, and maple syrup. Once the butters have softened, whisk everything together so it’s smooth and creamy. Then, remove from the heat.
- Next, add in the vanilla extract, salt, ginger/cinnamon, chia seeds, and flax meal and whisk together.
- Then, add in the oat flour, brown rice crispy cereal, and gluten-free oats and stir with a spatula or wooden spoon to combine.
- Lastly, add in the chopped apricots and almonds and stir with a spatula or wooden spoon once more.
- Transfer the granola mixture to the lined 9x13 dish and press down hard with the back of a measuring cup until it’s even.
- Set the pan in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to firm before cutting into squares. Enjoy!