This is a rich tomato sauce and the addition of pumpkin and pine nuts make it deliciously satisfying. You can make this dish your own by choosing your favourite type of pasta.
Napoletana Pumpkin With Pasta [Vegan]
- 1/4 of pumpkin, cubed
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dry basil or 4 stems fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Handful pitted olives
- Gluten free pasta of choice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- Handful of pine nuts (optional)
- Steam pumpkin until tender.
- Heat a little water in a separate pan, add the garlic and onion and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil and apple cider vinegar.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add olives, stir the steamed pumpkin through the sauce and keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Stir pasta through the sauce and serve alongside a fresh green salad.
- Sprinkle with black pepper, pine nuts and nutritional yeast.