A savory mushroom pie that will change the entire way you look at pie! Delicious!
Mushroom Pie [Vegan]
- 17 1/2 ounces mushrooms, finely chopped
- 7 ounces onion, very finely chopped
- fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 6 1/3 self raising flour
- 6 ounces soy milk
- 1 1/2 ounces olive oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
- In a non-stick pan put the 2 tablespoons oil to heat and add the mushrooms, onions and oregano to sauté. Remove them from the heat when the liquid of the mushrooms has been saved.
- Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with nutritious yeast and sesame seeds and set aside. In a bowl, beat the oil with the milk and then incorporate the flour and baking powder. Pour the mixture into the pan with the mushrooms and mix well so that it mixes well with the mushrooms.
- Oil a pyrex, sprinkle it with a little sesame seeds and pour in the mixture. Make the surface even with a fork, add a little more sesame seeds and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 70 minutes. Cut after it cools down.