This farro salad is refreshing and light, but still filling. The farro provides the bulk of the sustenance while the vegetables sautéed in broth add a delicious flavor, and the pomegranate seeds add a delightful crunch. Enjoy this for lunch or dinner, or make a big batch as a side dish for your next gathering.
Mushroom and Kale Farro Salad [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups farro
- 1 small red onion
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cups kale, torn into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Boil the farro according to directions on the package. Drain and transfer to large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate medium-sized pan, heat the vegetable broth until hot and start sautéing the onions, adding in the garlic 2-3 minutes after. Stir in the mushrooms, kale, tamari, parsley, salt, and pepper, adding in extra vegetable broth if needed. Cook until mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Transfer the vegetables and any extra liquid in the pan to the bowl with the farro and mix. Fold in the pomegranate and pumpkin seeds. Serve warm or at room temperature.