This simple gluten-free stuffing is made with spicy-sweet Moroccan flavors! It’s a healthy twist on a classic side dish that’s perfect for Thanksgiving! Just when you thought pillowy-soft cubes of bread could not get any more delicious and addicting, this super easy stuffing is changing the THANKSGIVING GAME. With its swirls of sweet, tender apples, chewy golden raisins, and apricots, its savory, SPICY, and warm flavor profiles of cumin, cinnamon, paprika, and a perfect pistachio crunch, you are never going to go back to Grandma’s traditional recipe.
Moroccan Simple Stuffing [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 Cups Apple, diced (about 2 large apples)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 loaf gluten-free cinnamon raisin bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped and tightly packed
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup pure apple juice
- 1/3 cup roasted salted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a large casserole dish.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil on medium/high heat.
- Add in the onion and cook until soft and golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the apple, ginger and cinnamon, cumin, paprika, and allspice and cook just until the apple begins to soften about 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked apple mixture into a huge bowl. Add in the bread cubes, salt, cilantro, apricots, and golden raisins. Toss until evenly mixed.
- Add in the vegetable broth and apple juice and gently mix (using your hands is the easiest) until the bread has absorbed the moisture.
- Bake until the bread is cooked and the top is golden brown and slightly crispy about 45-50 minutes.
- Sprinkle with pistachios and DEVOUR!
Per Serving: Calories: 213 | Carbs: 36.3 g | Fat: 7.4 g | Protein: 4 g | Sodium: 225 mg | Sugar: 19.8 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile