For a quick and easy vegan dinner. If you are looking for a budget friendly, healthy and protein packed meal, then you need to try this Moroccan Chickpea Stew.
Moroccan Chickpea Stew [Vegan]
- 2 cups chickpeas drained
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 0.5 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 1.5 cups (400g tin) chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 cups boiling water
- vegetable stock cube
- 1/4 cup red lentils, rinsed
- Heat some oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add all the spices and the salt and pepper and stir well and cook for a further minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, water and veggie stock cube and stir well.
- Add the lentils, stir and simmer for 10 minutes. Then add the chickpeas and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Add a little more water if needed.
- Add the chopped coriander (cilantro), stir and simmer for 5 more minutes.