These fluffy vegan molasses pancakes are made with molasses and flavored with warm spices, a perfect cozy and delicious breakfast for a Sunday morning.
Molasses Pancakes [Vegan]
- 5 1/4 ounces all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 tablespoons fancy molasses
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and the spices.
- Mix the soy milk with the molasses and canola oil.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the wet ingredients, mix until combined (don't over mix the batter).
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot with some maple syrup.