The perfect cookies recipe to make with some leftover applesauce, mashed banana or even pumpkin butter. Share these vegan cookies with your non-vegan friends to show them how delicious vegan cookies really are!
Molasses and Apple Cookies [Vegan]
For the Dry Mix:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (or substitute with more all-purpose flour)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
For the Wet Mix:
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of applesauce, mashed banana, pumpkin butter, etc.
- 1 cup of apple in small dices
- Preheat the oven at 350°F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients of the dry mix.
- In a second bowl, beat together the sugar, the oil, the molasses, the vanilla extract and the applesauce (or other purée). Incorporate the diced apple to the wet mixture.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mix and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Using an ice cream scoop, take balls of dough and place them on the baking sheet, spacing them approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, depending on the intensity of your oven.
- Transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack, then store in an airtight container. They will keep at least 5 days or so (if you manage not to eat them in less than 24 hours).