With a touch of cinnamon and vanilla to gently lift the bitter coffee and cocoa flavors, this nut butter is absolute perfection in a classic sourdough PB and J, added to smoothies and desserts or just eaten from a (large) spoon. Swap out the peanuts for your favourite nuts or just dive in to get the benefits of the protein, monounsaturated fats, phytosterols, vitamins and minerals present in peanuts.
Mocha Peanut Butter [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon oil (chia flax, wheatgerm, coconut or grapeseed) optional
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a high powered blender or food processor. Process for a few minutes or until a smooth, creamy nut butter forms. Stop machine every few minutes to scrape down bowl if necessary. Add oil if necessary to aid blending if your machine is struggling (optional).
- Spoon peanut butter into clean, sterilized jars and refrigerate if storing for longer than a few days.