Croquettes are a favorite snack food of Dutch people. These are made with vegetables, covered with breadcrumbs, and slightly pan fried. This recipe for vegetable croquettes is delicious! They’re crispy on the outside, soft and gooey on the inside, and full of flavor!
Mixed Vegetable Croquettes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 5.5 ounces quinoa flakes
- 1.73 ounces brown rice flour
- 10.5 ounces zucchini, grated
- 7 ounces carrot, grated
- 1 small white onion, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heaping tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 3/4 cups soy milk
- Gluten-free breadcrumbs for coating
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Mix together the quinoa flakes, rice flour, zucchini, carrot, onion, garlic, curry, salt, pepper, chili flakes, olive oil, chopped parsley, and soy milk.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper if you need to.
- Turn the heat of the stove to high and cook the mixture, stirring it frequently, until becomes very thick and difficult to mix.
- Remove the dough from heat and let it cool down until it is cold enough to handle.
- Spread the breadcrumbs on a big plate. Take a small amount of the mixture and roll it in your hands to form a quick round ball.
- When all the croquettes are ready, heat the oil in a deep wok and fry the croquettes in batches until they are brown.
- Take them out of the oil and place them on kitchen paper to drain off the excess oil.
- Serve hot with your favorite dip, salad, or bread.