Incredibly creamy, this dairy-free miso cauliflower alfredo sauce pairs well with all kinds of meals! From pasta to plain vegetables, it can do it all. This dish is ideal for meal prepping as well! You can cook the pasta and veggies up to three days in advance and store them (without the sauce) into separate containers
Miso Cauliflower Cashew Alfredo With Kale and Peas [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, steamed
- 1/2 cup cashews, raw
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk (or other unsweetened plant milk)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3-4 teaspoon white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 6-8 cups dry pasta of choice (gluten-free, grain-free) for approximately 4 servings
- Chili flakes and black pepper, to taste
- Kale and peas, as desired
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 20 minutes.
- Boil pasta water and cook pasta as per the package instructions. Once cooked, drain, rinse and set aside.
- In the meantime, steam the cauliflower on the stove or in the microwave (using a steamer container), place in blender once done.
- Add the soaked and drained cashews to the blender as well as the cashew milk, lemon juice, water, nutritional yeast, miso paste, apple cider vinegar, and garlic powder.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Set sauce aside and steam the remaining vegetables of choice.
- Heat up the pasta, vegetables, and sauce together in a pan or simply toss together in the pot you used to cook the pasta in. If you assemble this quickly, you won't need to reheat.