These wraps are packed with addictive bites of tender grilled sweet potatoes, fresh cucumber noodles, and an amazing combo of smoky grilled cauliflower rice, a walloping three herbs, and a punch of zesty lemon, tangy tahini, and sweet maple syrup. This ridiculously good mish-mash of flavors will make your taste buds tingle all the way down to your tippy toes: cool, crisp mint, lemony-y cilantro, and fresh parsley.Can’t you already feel yourself inducing lunch envy on your coworkers?
Mint Grilled Sweet Potato and Tahini Cauliflower Rice Wraps [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Wrap:
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- Half a medium sweet potato, peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped and lightly packed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian parsley, roughly chopped and lightly packed
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, thinly sliced and firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, tightly packed (about 1 small lemon)
- 1/2 large cucumber, spiralized
- 2 gluten-free wraps or any wraps
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
For the Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat your grill to medium/high and place a grill basket on while the grill is heating.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the cauliflower with 1 teaspoon of the oil, reserving the rest for later. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once the grill has reached about 350°F (which takes 10-15 mins), place the cauliflower florets into the grill basket and cook until fork-tender and charred, about 13-15 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- While the cauliflower cooks, slice the potato into 1/4-inch thick wedges. Place into a medium bowl and toss with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of oil, making sure each wedge is nice and coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, transfer to a bowl and remove the grill basket. Place the sweet potato wedges onto the grill over direct heat and cook until charred and tender, flipping once. This takes about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the cauliflower into a small food processor along with the cilantro, parsley, mint, and lemon zest. Pulse until rice-like and the herbs are well mixed in. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients until smooth and creamy. Pour over the cauliflower and mix until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Finally, press the cucumber noodles out between paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
- Divide the sweet potatoes between both wraps, laying out flat. Then, divide the cauliflower rice mixture evenly over top, followed by the cucumber noodles.
- Sprinkle the top with the hemp hearts, roll up tightly, and serve.