Having anything Mint Chocolate Chip feels like having ice cream for breakfast. This plant-based smoothie version is just as good. You can even make it thicker and serve as ice cream.
Mint Chocolate Smoothie [Vegan]
- 4 medium Bananas, frozen cut into about 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup or more non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 handfuls spinach or other greens kale or romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 2-3 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- Add the optional oats, ground flax, cacao nib to the bottom of a high-powered blender.
- Add the bananas, greens and non-dairy milk.
- If you want more bits of cacao, save and add them later after you've blended the mixture a bit.
- Blend starting on low and slowly increase the speed. Add more non-dairy milk if the mixture is too thick.