Rich, creamy chocolate meets tart cranberry in this extra decadent dessert!
Mini Chocolate Cranberry Tarts [Vegan]
For the Chocolate Crust:
- 3/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ice cold water
- dash of salt
For the Chocolate Ganache Layer:
- 1 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
For the Cranberry Layer:
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
For the Chocolate Crust (skip if using premade pie crust):
- Grease four 4.5in x 1.25in foil tart pans and preheat the oven to 350 F. Whisk together salt, sugar, flour, and cocoa powder. Add in vegan butter and ice cold water. Use a food processor or your hands to combine until a dough forms.
- Separate dough into 4 sections and press it into each tart pan, trying to get a fairly thin layer of dough covering the entire bottom and up the sides. Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
For the Ganache:
- Add chocolate chips and coconut cream to a medium saucepan over medium-low heat and stir to combine. Once chocolate is melted and fully combined, remove from heat.
- Pour equal amounts of ganache into the cooled crusts. Spread into an even layer, then place in freezer/fridge for around 10-20 minutes until mostly firm.
For the Cranberries:
- Add cranberries, water, and sugar to medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Let cook for around 10-15 minutes until cranberries are softened and a sauce forms. Allow some of the cranberries to remain in larger pieces (the texture goes well with the ganache layer!).
- Drop equal amounts of the cranberry mixture over top of the ganache and let cool for an additional 10-20 minutes. Enjoy!