What's not to love about this dish? Crumbly shortbread smothered in gooey caramel and layered with chocolate. Layer upon layer of yum. Usually they're fiddly to make and laden with sugar and fat, but these are as simple as possible (just 5 ingredients) and they're gluten, dairy and sugar free!
Millionaire’s Slice [Vegan]
For the Base:
- 1 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
For the Date Caramel:
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
For the Topping:
- 1 bar of sugar free chocolate, chopped (use dark and white for a marble effect)
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper. Pulse cashews, dates and coconut oil in a food processor until crumbly. Press into loaf tin and set aside in the fridge.
- Add dates, coconut oil and nut butter to the same blender and pulse until a caramel forms. It should be thick, but spreadable. Add up to 3 tablespoons of water if you want to make it smoother. Spread on top of the base and set aside in the freezer.
- Prepare chocolate topping by melting chocolate in a small bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, pour over the caramel. To marble chocolate, melt half a bar of white chocolate and dark chocolate in separate bowls as above. Dollop on spoons of chocolate over the caramel and swirl with a chopstick to create patterns. Set aside in the fridge until firm. Slice into bars before serving. Keeps in the freezer for up to a month.