This is the easiest dessert you will ever make – and it's absolutely delicious too! Sheera (or kesari) are dense, sweet, pudding-like cakes that are popular in India. This particular sheera are infused with mango and you can make them in a few minutes – so what are you waiting for?
Microwave Mango Kesari/Sheera: Coarse Semolina Pudding [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup semolina
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup mango purée
- 1 drop mango essence (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- A pinch of saffron strands
- Nuts for garnish
- In a safe microwave plate, spread the semolina and microwave it for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, mix it well so that the semolina doesn’t form into lumps.
- Then in a microwave safe bowl, add the 3/4 cup of water and microwave it for 1 minute.
- Carefully remove it from the microwave after a minute, and mix it once. Then add the cardamom powder, saffron, mango essence, and the mango purée.
- Mix them all together and microwave them for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, carefully remove it and mix it once.
- Then, slowly add the semolina. Make sure you are stirring constantly while adding the semolina.
- Microwave this semolina mix for 45 seconds.
- Remove it from the microwave and stir it vigorously so that no lumps are formed.
- Finally, add the two tablespoons of sugar and stir it again.
- Microwave this mixture for 30 seconds.