Bring the heart of Mexico right into your kitchen with none other than Mexican street corn. Think sweet, salty, tangy, and spicy flavors all packaged together to form mouth-watering elotes!
Mexican Street Corn [Vegan]
For the Corn:
- 4 ears of corn
For the Toppings:
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo
- 1/3 cup vegan cotija cheese
- 2-3 teaspoons Tajin seasoning or ancho chile powder
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- First, preheat a cast-iron griddle to medium-high and remove the husks from your corn cobs.
- In the meantime, prepare your toppings. Mix ½ the lime juice with vegan mayo (or Mexican crema). Cut the other half of the lime into wedges for serving. Crumble or grate the cotija cheese and chop the cilantro. Set aside.
- When the griddle is hot, cook the corn directly on it for about 10-12 minutes, making sure to rotate each cob throughout to get char marks on all sides.
- Once the corn is cooked, brush with vegan mayo, a sprinkle of cotija, tajin, or ancho chile powder, and a lime wedge.
- Some people (like us) also enjoy these served with chopped cilantro and Valentina hot sauce. Enjoy!