Hooray for matcha! These pancakes will no doubt give you an energy boost in the morning that is sure to last all day. Plus, they’re only sweetened with banana, so you don’t have to worry about loading up on sugar first thing.
Matcha Oatmeal Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
16 small pancakes
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup hemp milk, or other non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Grind the oats in your food processor until they become flour, add to a bowl.
- Place remaining dry ingredients in the bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in your food processor until the banana is completely broken down.
- Add wet mix to bowl of the dry and mix thoroughly.
- Heat up some coconut oil in a skillet.
- Place a large spoonful (about 2 tablespoons) of batter in the pan.
- Scoop as many pancakes into the pan as you can fit.
- Cook on each side until they start to brown, flip, cook until second side browns.
- Set on a plate or keep warm in your oven set at 250°F.
- Serve with banana slices, raspberries, cacao nibs, and maple syrup.