If you are looking for a low fat, vegan ice cream recipe that tastes great and will wow your taste buds, then this is it. Made from a frozen banana base, this creamy dessert is healthy and heart friendly… and best of all, tastes amazing!
2 Minute Matcha Ice Cream With Baklava Sprinkles [Vegan]
- 5 large frozen ripe bananas
- 1 tbs matcha green tea powder mixed with 1 to 2 tbs hot boiling water
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 cup plant milk you could also use apple juice or coconut water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almonds (or pistachios)
- 2 tbs pecans (or walnuts)
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 tbs coconut sugar (or cane juice sugar)
- Start by making your Baklava Sprinkles. Place all of the baklava sprinkles ingredients into a coffee grinder or small blender and pulse up until well combined. You could also chop the nuts by hand and mix through for a more course texture. Set aside.
- Mix the matcha tea powder with a little bit of hot boiled water so you get a nice green slurry.
- Add all of the Matcha Ice Cream ingredients into a food processor and pulse a few time to get the mixture started. Process for 10 seconds or so and check on the texture. You want everything well combined but still firm.
- Serve the ice cream out and top with some maple syrup and the baklava sprinkles - YUM!
If you process it too much and it becomes too runny, just put the mixture into a freezer safe container and place in freezer for a while to firm up.