These mushroom sliders are exactly all of those qualities in one appetizer. Instead of a meat patty for the burger, the white mushroom caps take its place. These mushrooms are the perfect size for sliders, have a meaty texture and are a lot less fattening than a meat slider topped with some cheese.
Marinated Mushroom Sliders [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Marinated Mushroom Sliders [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon no salt adobo
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 6 white mushroom caps
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegan chipotle mayo
- 6 whole wheat slider buns
- spring mix (as needed)
How to Prepare Marinated Mushroom Sliders [Vegan]
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in bowl.
- Remove the stems from all of the mushrooms and leave the mushrooms whole. Add the mushrooms into the marinade and make sure they are completely covered with the liquid.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator. Let the mushrooms marinate for at least 3 hours, overnight is recommended for better flavor.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat add sliced onions and remaining vegetable broth.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the onions are tender and have browned.
- Remove the onions from the skillet and set aside.
- Place the mushrooms into a skillet and let cook for 4-5 minutes. Flip the mushrooms over and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the skillet and place on top of open slider buns. Top each mushroom slider with chipotle mayo, spring mix and sauteéd onions.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.