These mushroom sliders are exactly all of those qualities in one appetizer. Instead of a meat patty for the burger, the white mushroom caps take its place. These mushrooms are the perfect size for sliders, have a meaty texture and are a lot less fattening than a meat slider topped with some cheese.
Marinated Mushroom Sliders [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon no salt adobo
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 6 white mushroom caps
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegan chipotle mayo
- 6 whole wheat slider buns
- spring mix (as needed)
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in bowl.
- Remove the stems from all of the mushrooms and leave the mushrooms whole. Add the mushrooms into the marinade and make sure they are completely covered with the liquid.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator. Let the mushrooms marinate for at least 3 hours, overnight is recommended for better flavor.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat add sliced onions and remaining vegetable broth.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the onions are tender and have browned.
- Remove the onions from the skillet and set aside.
- Place the mushrooms into a skillet and let cook for 4-5 minutes. Flip the mushrooms over and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the skillet and place on top of open slider buns. Top each mushroom slider with chipotle mayo, spring mix and sauteéd onions.