You wouldn't believe that this dessert has white sweet potato in it. It's creamy and the marble swirl adds an extra delicious dose of style.
Marbled Cheesecake Mousse Cups [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cheesecake:
- 6 cups loosely packed white sweet potato, peeled, chopped and boiled until soft, 1 cup cooking water reserved
- Cream skimmed from 1 chilled can of full fat coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons liquid sweetener (like maple syrup or agave nectar)
- Stevia (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- A big pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Marble Swirl:
- 1/2 recipe of the cheesecake base
- 3/4 cup chopped vegan chocolate
- 1 tablespoon sweetener
- A little stevia
- A tiny pinch of salt
- Blend all of the above ingredients together in a blender until super smooth.
- Transfer 1/2 of the mixture to a glass or plastic freezer-safe container with a tight fitting lid (best option if you want this to be like ice cream)
- lf you want to be fancy, transfer 1/2 of the mixture to nice looking glasses, dividing it between 4-6 of them (if you want it to be like mousse).