This homemade granola can be thrown together in a matter of minutes, then baked slowly in the oven to produce a crunchy texture and lovely aroma that makes your home smell fantastic! Vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free, this recipe contains whole grain oats and heart-healthy seeds that make for a filling, nutrient-dense snack for any time of day! It is delicious served on its own, mixed with non-dairy milk and fruit, or as a topper for creamy oatmeal! The pure maple flavor of this granola is simply unbeatable.
Maple Crunch Granola [Vegan]
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raw mixed seeds or nuts of choice
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup dried fruit, optional
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together oats, seeds and/or nuts, flaxseed, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Combine maple syrup and melted coconut oil in a small bowl. Pour mixture over the dry ingredients, and stir until well combined.
- Spread granola mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden. Remove from oven, sprinkle with dried fruit (optional), and allow to cool for at least one hour. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.