Maple cinnamon chia bowl – soft chia pudding, juicy persimmon and pomegranate, crunchy nuts – festive looking, and nutritious, this is the perfect seasonal breakfast.
Maple Cinnamon Chia Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Bowl:
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 persimons
To Make the Nut Brittle:
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut milk with the maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon until blended well.
- Add the chia seeds, mix and leave in the fridge for at least an hour, preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, peel and chop the persimmon into small dice.
- Remove the pomegranate seeds - see how here. In a dry pan, heat the 2 tablespoons of sugar until it begins to caramelize, add the coconut oil, a pinch of salt, and the slivered almonds. Give it a quick stir, remove from heat, and transfer to a parchment paper to cool down.
- Assemble the bowls by alternating layers of fruit and chia pudding, with the caramelized nut brittle in between. finish with fruit and top with more nuts.
- Serve chilled.