They say ‘sometimes it’s the little things'; I say 90% of the time it’s the little things that make life worth living. These Maca, Orange and Almond French Crepes are one of those 'little things' that make life amazing!
Maca, Orange, and Almond French Crepes [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons maca powder
- 1 1/4 cups light coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons stevia
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed, plus 3 tablespoons warm water)
- Vegan butter or coconut oil, for greasing
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. The batter should be quite liquid (perhaps even alarmingly so) and have no lumps. If you do get lumps in your batter, squash them into nothingness against the side of the bowl.
- Grease a large, shallow frying pan with some vegan butter or coconut oil. Pour one ladleful of batter in the centre and swirl the pan to distribute the batter in an even circle. Cook on medium to high heat until the edges begin to look golden and crisp and the centre of the crêpe starts to puff up slightly. Delicately flip with a spatula, or if you’re brave enough flip the crêpe with a deft flick of the wrist. Cook for another two minutes on the other side, then place onto a clean plate.
- Repeat this process 3 more times.
- Serve with blueberries, coconut cream, cashew butter, banana – or whatever you like.